The Woodman Arms started life as two estate workers' cottages in 1541 and became an alehouse about 100 years later. It’s been a thriving pub ever since.
But having survived for many a century, disaster struck in 2004 when a devastating fire broke out and completely destroyed the pub.
Current tenants Brian and Karen Liston had been at the Woodman Arms for just seven weeks at the time of the fire, but they oversaw its rebuilding and the pub opened again in February 2005.
Naturally, the pub was rebuilt in the same style as the original, including, of course, the famous thatched roof.